Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Volunteers Needed

Tom Kerns is the President of HK Community Fund, a community based charitable organization.

Tom says: First let me say thanks to everyone who is performing this weekend. This event has evolved into one of the (if not "the") event of the year in Maplewood and I'm thrilled to be part of it. As some of you know, I have committed to providing the event with an army of teenage volunteers to help with a variety of tasks throughout the 2 days (four days if you include Friday night setup and Monday morning clean up). I have been fortunate to have been able to get commitments from almost 30 local teenagers to volunteer their time. However I still need more. So if any of you have teenager children, or know of any teenagers, who would want to volunteer and receive community service credit (not to mention a free bright green HK Community Fund Volunteer t-shirt) please have them get in touch with me at hkcf@comcast.net.

Thanks, Tom, for taking some leadership in this. Please take Tom up on his offer to put in some volunteer time to make this weekend a success for everyone.

No comments: