Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Maplewoodstock Flickr site

Well, I've been busy starting to set up the Flickr photosharing site for Maplewoodstock.  You can find it at www.flickr.com/maplewoodstock

I really would like that site to be *the* place for Maplewoodstock photos for years past, present, and future.

I just think there are so many advantages to utilizing a mature tool like Flickr rather than (a) trying to do it "by hand" or (b) trying to build such a tool.

I'm trying to set up SETS in Flickr for each band and for each year.  Further, I'm tagging each photo with tags like (obviously) "maplewoodstock" and "2008" and "[bandname]", but also with ISO-format date (like "2008-07-13" and "crowd".

Utilizing SETS and COLLECTIONS properly, along with TAGS, will make it much easier for Maplewoodstock sites (like the one here on blogger, as well at the dot com site) to use the Flickr badge builder and API to pull specific photos and photosets over to those other sites.

It would also allow Maplewoodstock bands to do the same thing on thier sites (whereever they may be).

As of today, a modest start with 27 photos.  I've got to upgrade the account and solicit some more photos.

No comments: